20090809

Movie Review: Julie & Julia- Two Eyes Open

What better way to spend a rainy Friday afternoon than at a matinee with a kid's pack. In case you're not familiar with a kid's pack, it is the greatest thing that AMC has to offer, a kid's size popcorn, soda, and fruit snacks all for $5.75! For over a year when I mention that my brother is going through Martha Stewart's baking book page by page I sometimes get asked if either of us has read Julie & Julia, so you can imagine my excitement when I saw the previews for the movie.

I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about Julia Child's life throughout the film and found myself smiling during all of the 'Julia' portions of the movie. I think some people could find the breakdowns of Julie to be a little annoying (I mostly thought they were funny), but at the time she was taking on baking her way through 'Mastering the Art of French Cooking' she had no idea the success it was going to bring her, and I think many people can understand some breakdowns about something they have put so much into as trivial as it may be to the outside world. Overall, it was a very fun flick. I give it 'Two Eyes Open'! I fall asleep during most movies, whether I'm sitting in a theatre or on my own sofa, so 'Two Eyes Open' is very hard to achieve from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment