20100115

Parmesan Rosemary Crackers


It is no secret that I am in love with my kitchenaid mixer and I have grand ideas of making delicious artisan breads and other specialty items.....in a perfect world my kitchen will never see a store bought bread item again. Seeing as though I have never tried my hand at yeasted baked goods I decided to start small and it doesn't get much smaller than crackers. Really though, these are pretty giant crackers. I have a lot of faith in Martha Stewart and she has yet to lead me astray so I thought it best to choose something from her Baking Handbook.  

The only thing I did not already have was fresh rosemary so I substituted a garlic/parmesan/rosemary seasoning and it was fantastic. At some point I will probably make this with fresh rosemary, but I will definitely add some garlic. From the yeasted bread recipes I have been studying I don't think there are too many out there that are not going to be time consuming or at least have to be tended to a few times over the course of 5-6 hours, but this was a pretty simple one and there was no rising of dough that had to occur, which is something that I have a lot of anxiety about, especially since I am attempting to do this in winter. I think I am going to learn to appreciate the hot humid summers Chicago has to offer when my dough rises like a dream.

I'm not sure if I did not roll the dough out thin enough or did not bake them long enough, but they ended up being more like a very thin flat bread than a crispy cracker. Not only did they taste great, but the house smelled wonderful for the entire day and night!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment