20091115

Pumpkin Pie Truffles


Perhaps part of the reason I love fall so much is all the fall season inspired treats. I have been buying a can of pumpkin just about every time I go to the grocery store and just started putting them to use. I have never made truffles before and since I am intending to make A LOT of holiday candy, including truffles, I figured I better get my feet wet sooner rather than later. I came across these tastey little morsels on Cake Batter and Bowl  and thought they looked like a delicious way to start. They didn't come together quickly and mine didn't turn out very pretty, but they weren't as complicated as I thought they were going to be. However, it really is important to cook the pumpkin in order to remove a lot of the moisture. I also had to refrigerate the filling for closer to an hour. They are really delicious, like little bite sized pumpkin pies. I think they look really cute even the mishapen ones, like real pumpkins.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment