20091219

Almond Butter Balls


Even though I have pretty much discovered that if I crack open a new jar of peanut butter to eat or make some treats with I won't end up with a migraine I am still in a constant search for tastey recipes that use an alternate for peanut butter, so I thought I would attempt making peanut butter balls with almond butter instead and I think I like them even more than the original!

Ingredients:
2 Cups Almond butter- I used trader joe's creamy sea salt variety, YUM
1/4 C unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-2.5 Cups powdered sugar- I may have used a bit more to get them to the right consistency
12oz semisweet chocolate chips
2 T butter

1. In a double boiler combine almond butter, butter, and salt until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and add vanilla and powdered sugar until the mixture has the consistency of cookie dough.
2. Roll the dough into 1/2" balls, place on a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper and chill for 2 hours.
3. In a double boiler melt the chocolate chips and butter until smooth.
4. Dip the balls in the chocolate one at a time. Place on a wire rack or baking sheet and place back in the refrigerator to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. These also freeze really well.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment