20091219

Nutella Kiss Cookies


This is becomoing an old favorite of mine that I could devour year round, but they always remind me of the holidays.

Ingredients:
-1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

-1 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (I used world market's brand, super tasty!)
-1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 cup light brown sugar
-1 egg
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-red and green sugar sprinkles
-1 package Hershey's Kisses (I used candy cane, milk chocolate, and caramel)


Directions:
1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.



2.In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.


3.In another medium bowl, place the chocolate hazelnut spread, butter, and both sugars. Using a hand mixer, cream the ingredients together, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and blend until incorporated.


4.Stir in the dry ingredients, just until incorporated.


5.Shape the cookie dough into 1/2" balls with a table spoon. Rolls the balls in the sprinkles. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove the cookies from the oven. Quickly place a chocolate kiss in the middle of each cookie. Return the cookies to the oven and bake for another 2 minutes. Cool the cookies on a wire rack.


These were one of the first treats I made for the holidays so after they cooled completely I stored them in an air tight container and put them in the freezer. When I was ready to serve them I place them on the counter overnight with a slice of bread in the container to help soften them up and they were perfect.
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading through your posts and I really like your recipes here! You know what,Foodista announced that they are going to publish the best food blogs in a full color book that will be published by Andrews McMeel Publishing Fall 2010. After going through all your wonderful posts, I sure would love to see you enter! Simply submit your favorite blog post, photo and recipe into the entry form. Adding multiple recipes will improve your chances of being published!! Have your friends and family vote for you, too. See details here: http://www.foodista.com/blogbook. Hope you wont mind if i left this message here. i wanted to email you but couldn't find one, so I dropped this message instead. Hope you do join.Good luck!

    ReplyDelete