20090622

Birthday Brownie Marshmallow Crisp Bars

Happy Birthday to me! To celebrate the step into my late twenties, ahhh, I wanted to bring a b-day treat into the office. Having a summer birthday I never had a chance to bring in birthday treats for my classmates, so now my co-workers can reap the benefits of my over-compensating for long lost birthdays. A couple of weekends ago my Aunt Judy made a most delicious treat for my cousin's graduation party and I have been itchin' to re-create it. And one of the best parts about this brownie bar was that I didn't even have to go to the grocery store. I have finally hit a tipping point in my venture where I just happen to have a healthy stock of ingredients.


Ingredients:
Brownie Layer:
-1/2 (1 stick) room temperature butter
-3/4 C Sugar
-1 teaspoon Vanilla
-2 Eggs
-3/4 C Flour
-2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
-pinch of salt

Marshmallow Layer:
-2 Cups mini-marshmallows

Chocolate Crunch Layer:
-1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (don't be afraid to overfill the measuring cup a bit)
-1 Cup Peanut Butter
-2 Cups Crispy Rice Cereal (once again, I'm diggin' the store brand cereal)
Directions:
1. Beat together butter and sugar
2. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time.
3. mix together dry ingredients and then mix into the egg mixture until combined.
4. Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes.
5. Sprinkle marshmallows over top of brownies and bake an additional 3 minutes.
6. Lightly spread the marshmallows with a butter knife and let cool.
7. In a double boiler melt chocolate chips and peanut butter over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in cereal.
8. Gently spread chocolate peanut butter mixture over marshmallow layer and cool in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before cutting into bars.


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment