-2 packages Andes Mints (28 mints in each)
-¾ cup butter
-½ cup of brown sugar
-2 tablespoons water
-1 package (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
-2 large eggs
-2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
-1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
1. Unwrap mints & set aside. In a saucepan, heat & mix together the butter,sugar & water. Add the chocolate chips and stir to partially melt. Remove from the heat andcontinue to stir until melted.
2. Pour into a bowl, let cool for 10 minutes. Beat in the eggs @ high speed. Add the remaining ingredients & beat to blend.
3. Chill the dough for 1 hour (at least). Line baking sheets with foil. Roll the dough into small balls(about 1” diameter). Bake @350° F for 10-12 minutes. Place a mint on each cookie as you remove them from the oven. Once candies have melted, spread with the back of a spoon.
4. Remove cookies from the cookie sheet.
5. Unless you have a ton of counter space, I suggest placing the cookies in the freezer for a few minutes to set the chocolate so you can store them.